I’ve been having some great conversations. Some of you have said that you need to get out more, others want to learn more skills in the kitchen, some said they want to eat healthier, some just like the social aspect of these workshops, and others just LOVE to cook. I hear you! That’s why I started this school. These are your workshops, so tell me more of what you’d like experience; That’s what makes this a boutique cooking school. (Look at it like fantasy football.) Below are ideas some of you had mentioned. Next to each item, I’ve expanded on what we could do.
– sauces – reduction sauces, mixes (like taco and spaghetti), and salad dressings
– 5 ingredients or less (for the busy person) – I’ll show you 5 meals you can make fast
– meat dishes – a lesson on braising (one of the easiest and best tasting ways to cook)
– gluten-free dishes – pizza, bread sticks, biscuits
I also had some ideas:
– field trips (to local farms, CSAs or farm stands). I visited a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) this year and it was an amazing experience. These are farmers who grow produce for 25-50 families.
– having a guest speaker come here
– children’s cooking workshop
– cheese making (mozzarella, ricotta, and butter)
– all about herbs
– handmade chocolate (for Valentine’s of course!)
Leave us a comment if you have any more ideas. I’d love to hear from you!