I just love it when an ingredient gets replaced and comes pretty close to the original recipe. I took a childhood recipe for fried rice and replaced rice with riced cauliflower. We were going to try this last night in my Gluten-Free workshop, but were just too full from consuming the two delicious cauliflower pizzas.
This is what we had for lunch today. It was all ready to go, so I just fried it up and served it. Instead of meat, I used mushrooms.
Recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice
• 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or safflower oil, divided
• 1 cup meat, optional (Chinese sausages, sliced small, shrimp, roast port ham, chicken or tofu)
• 2 eggs beaten
• 1 head cauliflower, riced (rough chop in food processor)
• 2 Tbs cooked green peas
• 1 Tbs chopped green onions
• 2 tsp soy sauce (Bragg Amino Acids is lowest in sodium)
• Salt to taste
Heat 1 Tbs of oil in a wok. Pour in eggs and stir fry quickly until eggs are in pieces and remove from wok. Heat the another Tbs of oil and stir fry meat about 7-10 minutes. Add peas and fry 1 minute. Remove from wok. Heat the last Tbs of oil. Fry green onions and the cauliflower rice. Mix well, add soy sauce and salt. Reduce heat and stir until rice is thoroughly heated. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.